Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday

Hello all, just a very quick update. I'm very tired and I just want to go to bed. I stayed up last night to watch the Love Saga on the Hallmark channel. Think cheesey paperback novels all set on farms of the past. The best part of the saga was the movies went in sequential order, a continuing journey through these peoples lives. I had to record the last two movies the whole thing ended at 6:00 this morning, I made it to 2:00am.

Today we cleaned all animal housing, the goats and chickens are resting peacefully on completely clean bedding. It will last till the morning when they mess it all up again, kind of like my house. I'm in charge of the chicken coop while Joe handles the goat house, both jobs have there hazards. There is a chicken we have dubbed Pecker, nasty old bird who loves to peck ANYTHING. As I was cleaning the dropping board today she decided it would be just great to take a chunk out of my head. I'm going to eat her. Joe on the other hand was shoveling out Oreo & Brownie's side of the pen, Ore, I guess was quite fond of her mess and Joe was really ticking her off. Every time Joe bent over to scoop up shaving she would ram him as hard as possible in the backside. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Finally she got totally fed up with him and went for the front side, Joe took her down with the sleeper hold. I wish I had a camera so I could share with you how completely ridiculous a grown man looks wrestling a goat. I'm laughing so hard right now I can barely see. Ain't life grand?

Sad bit of news, we checked the bees today and both hives are now gone. My one weak hive did not survive this winter. Joe and I are trying to figure out if we should try again next year or not. I love beekeeping, I just don't know what to do.

My gardening guru/nemesis Tony has already started his pepper & eggplants. I guess I better get a move on. His plants will be 2 inches high by Monday morning. I'll start tomorrow.

Soap News! I'm almost afraid to write this in case something unexpected happens. The Frelinghuysen Arboretum of Morristown is going to feature Secret Garden in the Haggerty Education center. There will be a picture of me, a small bio and a display of 6 soap fragrances in the lobby. The soaps will be 3 ounces for $4.00 and be labeled for Friends of the Frelinghuysen Arboretum. Cool huh? I hate pictures of me, I asked if I could just put a picture of the goats, but they said no, people want to see me. God knows why. Anyway if you're around the Arboretum in April & May stop in and check it out.

Well, I've got to get some sleep, back to work tomorrow.
Good night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment